Your cart is currently empty
July 14, 2021
Your Privacy Rights
This Policy describes how Guitar Gear Garage (GGG) treat information we receive and collect from you on this website and offline where this Policy is referenced. By accessing or using our website or interacting with us, you acknowledge these practices.
We do not not sell your personal information.
1. We collect and use for purposes of you ordering, purchasing or inquiring about our products or inquiring about our company or such from this web site or offline information from and about you. We collect and use for purposes for our business records including but not limited to so that we can use information for our tax reports and our business practices and logistics.
GGG receive and collect personal information about you depending on the nature of your interactions with us:
We collect contact information. For example, we might collect your name, email address, account username and password, phone number and mailing address.
We collect payment information. For example, we collect your credit card details if you make a purchase.
We collect transaction and preference data. We collect information about your purchase history and transactions and your preferences when using our products and services.
We may also collect information about what instruments or music you play.
2. We use information as disclosed and described here.
We use information to fulfill your orders and respond to your requests or questions. For example, we may contact you about feedback. We use your information to fulfill your purchases. We also use your information to create and administer your account.
We use information to improve our products and services. We may use your information to make our website, services, and products better. We might use your information to customize your experience with us.
We use information to administer our site and services and for internal operations. This might include troubleshooting, data analysis or testing. We might also use information for research, statistical and survey purposes.
We use information for security purposes. We may use information to protect our company or others, including customers or business partners. We also may use information to protect, our websites or our services, as well as to detect and investigate activities that may be illegal or prohibited.
We use information to conduct research and analysis. We use information for research, statistical, and survey purposes.
We use information to communicate with you about your account or our relationship. For example, we might send you emails about your feedback. We might also contact you about our policies or our website terms.
We use information to verify requests made pursuant to this Policy. We will use certain pieces of personal information to verify your identity if you make requests pursuant to this Policy. The verification steps and the pieces of personal information that we request may vary depending on the sensitivity and nature of your request.
We use information as otherwise disclosed or permitted by law, or as we may notify you from time to time.
3. We collect information in different ways.
We collect information directly from you. For example, we collect information if you sign up for an account or sign up for our emails. We also collect information if you make a purchase or contact us. We also collect information if you post a comment, make a request, or complete a survey.
We combine information. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online.
4. We share your information with others only for example, but not limited to, if court ordered.
We will share your information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves, our customers and others. For example, we may share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share information if a government agency or investigatory body requests it. This includes sharing your information with the US government.
We might also share your information in order to enforce our agreements, and to protect the rights of others. We might also share information when we are investigating potential fraud. This might include fraud we think has happened during a promotion.
We may share your information with a successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business is sold, we may include user information as part of that transaction. We may also share your information if there is a similar change to our company structure. We may also share your information with others as they conduct diligence of our company changes.
We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you from time to time as permitted by law.
6. Your California Privacy Rights.
If you are a California resident, you can also make the following requests regarding your "Personal Information" (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act):
We will not discriminate against you because you made any of these requests.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps may vary depending on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and whether you have an account with us. California residents may designate an authorized agent to make a request on their behalf. When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent is identified as an authorized agent.
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain Personal Information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
For purposes of these requests, please note the following regarding how we collect and use your Personal Information as described in this Policy, including in the previous 12 months:
7. These sites are not intended for children.
Our websites where this Policy is found are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 18 has given us information, you can contact us at [email protected]. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this Policy. Please mark your inquiries "Children's Information Request."
8. We use standard security measures.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites or services will be completely safe. Any transmission of your data to our site is at your own risk. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords. We keep personal information as long as it is necessary or relevant for the practices described in this Policy. We also keep information as otherwise required by law.
9. We may process and store information.
Information we collect from you may be transferred to, processed in, or stored in the United States or another destination outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Information may be processed by personnel operating in these locations who are one of our business partners. The standard of data protection in the United States and in certain other countries where we may process your information is considered by the European Commission to be not adequate when compared to the data protection standards of the European Union (EU) and EEA. By using our websites or submitting your personal data, you consent to such transfer, storing and processing.
10. Your EU and Other Privacy Rights.
As detailed below, where provided under applicable law, you may request information about the personal information about you that we hold, and you may ask about all recipients of the information, the purpose of the processing, request the correction of incorrect information, and request the blocking, deletion and portability of such information by contacting us at [email protected]. We may require you to prove your identity with approved identification if you request this information.
Lawful basis for processing your personal data.
We process on the following legal bases:
1. Contract: It is necessary for our performance of the contract you have agreed to enter with us. If you do not provide your personal data to us, we will not be able to carry out our obligations under the terms of the contract.
2. Legitimate Interests: We are permitted to process your personal data if it is based on our legitimate interests. In relation to general inquiry and complaints you send us, our legitimate interest is to provide you with information you have requested and to provide customer support. You can object to the processing that we carry out on the grounds of legitimate interests. See the section "Rights of data subjects" below to find out how.
3. Consent: Where you have given us consent to do so, we provide you with information about goods or services which we feel may interest you. You have the right to withdraw your consent. Please see the section "Rights of data subjects" below to find out how.
4. Legal Claims: We need to process your personal data to defend or establish a legal claim (for example, claims relating to the sale of our goods and services under contract law).
Rights of data subjects
You have the following rights, where provided under applicable European data protection law, regarding your information (each of which are subject to various exceptions and limitations):
1. The right to be informed: You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we are providing you with the information in this Policy.
2. The right of access: You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we are processing it), and other certain other information (similar to that provided in this Policy). This is so you are aware and can check that we are using your information in accordance with data protection law.
3. The right to rectification: You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
4. The right to erasure: This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
5. The right to restrict processing: You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
6. The right to data portability: You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services and platforms.
7. The right to object: You have the right to object to certain types of processing, in particular processing based on our legitimate interests. You also can object at any time to your information being used for direct marketing purposes (including profiling related to such direct marketing). Where you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
8. The right to refuse or withdraw consent: You have the right to refuse to provide and withdraw your consent to processing of your personal information at any time with effect for future processing.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Please note your rights in relation to your personal data are not absolute. We may, for example, deny you access to your personal data when required or authorized by law, or if granting access would have an unreasonable impact on another individual’s privacy.
We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
11. We may link to third party sites or services we don’t control.
Our site may also serve third party ads or content that contains third party cookies or tracking technologies. We do not control the use of those technologies.
12. Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
If you have any questions about this Policy or want to correct or update your information, please email us at [email protected]. Please do not include your credit card number or other sensitive information in your email. You can also write to us or call at:
Guitar Gear Garage
PO Box 1669, Magalia Ca 95954
Phone: 1 (530) 520-2667
13. We may update this Policy.
From time to time we may change our privacy policies. We will make any material changes to our Policy as required by law and any updated policy will be posted on our site for your reading. Please check our site periodically for updates. Your continued use of our website (Site) means that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in this Policy and its updates.
Guitar Gear Garage (GGG) 2021. All rights reserved.